Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Who Was Shakespeare

To me as a student Shakespeare is a man who lived many years ago that wrote many great pieces of literature. The pieces that stick out to me are Rome and Juliet, Hamlet, and Julius Ceaser. I also think Iambic Pentameter and Old English at the mention of his work or just his name. I feel that in general for students his works are kind of hard to get through and understand, just because the writing is in old English and also it is in a style of writing (iambic pentameter) that we are not used to reading in our generation.

Here  is one website I found on William Shakespeare.
Obviously you can do millions of searcher online and/or in the library but we don't know very much about this man. Back then we didn't really have the paparazzi to keep us on the latest updates of what our favorite celebrity was up to. This is why many questions have come up as to who Shakespeare was and many of those questions will never be known. We really don't know much except of his origins which were of lower class but apart from that its hard to gather any other information about him.

Over the years Shakespeare's writing has become a lot more easier for me to understand because I am a musician. Now you might ask what that has to do with old literature and Shakespeare but honestly his writing was very musical and lyrical. At least to me that is the vibe I get off of his work. Being able to feel a connection like that of a song makes me really connect and understand better which I think I really get out of the great pieces written by William Shakespeare.

No comments:

Post a Comment