Tuesday, October 23, 2012

To Facebook or Not to Facebook?

When I first made my Facebook account I was in freshmen year of high school. At that time my knowledge of anything in social media were very poor and I just used it because I got to chat with friends. When I was first introduced to Facebook I really could not have an opinion  because I never really cared about the advertisements and the selling of information because I did not know what that was. I think the positives of being connected on Facebook is being able to see information about friends and family members you really care about and for some reason might be far away or you may just not be close enough to ask how they are every day. Facebook allows you to be connected and on some levels get to know people better. The down fall of Facebook which I have learned over time is that your information is never safe. You risk many privacy issues because what you decide to post on Facebook can become international instantly. I think its really up to the person though. If you are really careful with the type of information you post then there is no reason why there should be a problem. In the end you can decide to put in false information or set your settings to a certain amount of privacy. I get that Facebook sells your information to be able to maintain themselves but that doesn't mean you have to go into Facebook and tell them your life story.

This is just an opinion because I have never had a problem with Facebook but I know others have.

No comments:

Post a Comment