Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sonnet

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day? 
Thou art more lovely and more temperate: 
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May, 
And summer's lease hath all too short a date: 
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines, 
And often is his gold complexion dimm'd; 
And every fair from fair sometime declines, 
By chance or nature's changing course untrimm'd; 
But thy eternal summer shall not fade 
Nor lose possession of that fair thou owest; 
Nor shall Death brag thou wander'st in his shade, 
When in eternal lines to time thou growest: 
So long as men can breathe or eyes can see, 
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.
~ William Shakespeare

2 comments:

  1. Great choice! How fast do you think you can memorize it?

    BTW, I love the layout and music on your blog; makes me wish I had more time to hang out here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm, I think seeing as it caught my eye very quick I could memorize it in about an hour but take a day and a half to really study the sonnet itself. The reason is because I would actually make sure to memorize it to perfection. It's a great sonnet in my opinion and I would want to make its perfect if I recited it.

    Thank you very much! I keep changing it but I really like this layout and music. Seems right! (:

    ReplyDelete