Wednesday, January 2, 2013

What's In This For Me?

I would like to improve my communication skills. I know what I am thinking and I have all the right ideas I just don't know how to get it across properly.

Being as English is my second language I have a lot of trouble expressing myself properly. Especially while writing on certain topics in essays. In order for me to be able to write an acceptable paper I usually have to first write all my ideas in Spanish and then translate. Which in the process causes me many headaches and it still comes out wrong because there are certain expressions used in one language that do not really exist in the other. 

My goal this semester is to be able to write a paper without having to go through a worthless draft. To be able to write my pre write and then just edit it for my final. The reason I have so much trouble is because my thoughts are not very organized because I am more focused on the write spelling and correct grammar. Being in an advanced course for a person's second language is not easy! Being as the language I use at home is completely different and it has just always been a challenge. Anyways this semester I am determined to work hard and improve! I am sure this course will help a lot since I have notice progress already! (SAT scores!) hehe 

Happy New Year to everyone! The only way to get your resolutions done... is to not be lazy! Know the only way you will accomplish your work will be putting in the hard work! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment