Thursday, January 10, 2013

Fall Semester Reflection

Do you read your colleagues’ work online?  How often? What is it like to read their work? How does being able to see everyone’s work online at any given time change the way you do your work?
- I read my colleagues' work often because I like seeing how the thought process my classmates are going through is different from mine. I also have a lot of trouble structuring my work a lot of the time so I look at    my classmates work for structure purposes. I usually like to be a person other people can check for to do work so I like to be more on top of work...Except this assignment obviously. 
How has the publicly and always visible course blog made this course different from one without a blog?  How would the course change if the course blog disappeared tomorrow?
- I feel that since our course blog is visible to the world its a lot easier to keep students under control as to their attitude toward an assignment or to the class in general. I feel since we know it is open to the world everyone is worried about putting in their best effort (or at least a lot of us). I feel that if the course blog disappeared there should be enough information on our personal blogs to reconstruct most of it and really move forward. Since we are creating this course as a class I feel what happened yesterday in class will not affect tomorrow because we have each others blog and our brains to go through the process.

Has publishing your work for the public to see changed your approach to completing an assignment? How so?  How would your feelings about the course change if you couldn’t publish your work that way?
- Not only to the public but publishing our work to other classmates is really the hardest part about this course. Cruising other people's blogs and really seeing the material others work with is different. At the same time I feel that it is something that really pushes all the students to do better. To fully complete an assignment and not be lazy to leave something only half way done like when you turn in something written to a teacher.

Has your experience of the physical classroom changed because of the open & online aspects?  Where does your learning actually happen?  
In class or online it's all part of learning. I don't think my learning has actually changed just my approach to the resources I use. The learning I do happens in discussions I have with classmates about certain assignments, especially in this class.

How do they respond when you describe the brave new world in which you’re working?
What do their responses mean to you?  What effect(s) (if any) do they have on you?
-Responses I get from most people are,Oh! how inconvenient or, WOW it should happen that way since our era is moving forward in the digital world so fast. I really don't have a personal feeling that effects my response to  the course because in general I just really enjoy this new way of learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment